Friday, September 30, 2005

Encourage is synonymous with suggest, lest you forget...

Yep, it's friday. There is absolutely no one in my hallway. They're all at the OUF (or 'oeuf' as our Manager refers to it -- the humungous university fair for highschool kids). We never had such an event when we were choosing unis. Most of us in my highschool chose Ottawa U cause it was one of the only French places to study in Ontario, and we got money for doing it, too! I made it through one year of French Biology and then switched to the English Lit program. Go figure.

But man do I wish I could go back and talk to my guidance counselor who was more interested in finding me a date for the prom than in actually counseling me. No, he told me I'd be fine no matter what subject I chose, then proceeded to tell me about his job in a paper mill in his undergrad, and how he hoped his daughter would turn out like me. Thanks for the compliment, but what you should have said was, go into communication or journalism.

Then again, no one ever said life was easy. And I guess I appreciate things more now that I've had to work for them and figure things out on my own. I certainly don't think the last 12 years have been a waste of education. Anyways. Things have turned out just fine, and I'm happy with where I am now.

Oh yeah. I have to work the PIF tomorrow. Sit at a table and chat to pples. Fun stuff.

And btw: encourage is synonymous with suggest - anyone who disputes that is just trying to be difficult. You know who you are.

Toodles for now,

No comments: