Saturday, September 24, 2005

Why do we fall in autumn?

We're officially into my favorite season - fall, or autumn as so many people around here seem to be calling it these days. Not as hot as summer or as cold as winter, cleaner than spring, it's full of crisp smells, warm colors and fire...

As kids we made pile after pile of leaves to jump and roll around in, our hair tangled in bright colors...That fascination still holds me but I am an adult now, and people give me strange looks if I opt to run through a pile of leaves, kicking them to the sky.

This year, I've decided I'm throwing myself back into those leaves, no matter the strange looks. Spring may be a time of renewal, but autumn is the season when the phoenix dies and rises again... And it is my time to rise up again, fueled by the warmth of raining fire.

Christine

No comments: