Tuesday, August 23, 2005

He's Just Not That Into You - Fact or fiction?

Ok, so as many of you know I'm a big Sex in the City fan (the show, and well, there's nothing wrong with a little sex in the city either!). Once I turned single, I suddenly appreciated the trials and tribulations of those four gals a whole lot more! Some might even say that my life eerily resembles that of Carrie on some days...

Anyways, there's this episode that spurned this book, He's Just Not that Into You. I bought it (on sale -- can't go wrong for $14) and for a long time hid it away in my bookshelf. But now we've started this informal book club -- the HJNTIY book club, and the book is making its rounds through the office.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to get together for Bellinis, Mojitos or cheap wine some time and commiserate (Allison, I know you don't like that word). For me, the book doesn't offer that much solace. Who cares if he's just not that into you? The real question is, WHY isn't he? For Tina, the book's a bit too negative and broad-brushed. Looking forward to seeing what others think of it!

CB

Addendum: Just because he calls you doesn't mean he's necessarily into you. He might just be looking for directions.

No comments: