Monday, August 29, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself

Maybe it's the monday morning blues. Maybe it's the pre-coffee haze. But right now, I've just about had it with men who say they'll do something, but prefer to play video games, watch tv, drink beer or scratch themselves instead. My dad still grumbles about all the things my ex-ex said he'd help him with and didn't (it seems he's having a harder time letting go that I am, but that's the subject of another entry).

Maybe it's cause men can't multi-task, as Carol says. They need to focus on chewing gum, then walking. But doing both together? FOGEDABOUDIT.

As far as I'm concerned, singledom has been good for me for many reasons, but one of them is: I now know how to do pretty much everything for myself. No more waiting around for the bf to fix that towel rail that's been broken for three years, which means the towels hang, musty and soggy, over the door. I know how to caulk a bath (not yet, but I will), swing a hammer or patch a hole in the wall. And if I can't do it, I know where to go to find someone who can, and will.

Next time, if I need something done, I'm doing it myself (with a little help from dad, of course).

CB

No comments: